PALEO BLUEBERRY MUFFIN RECIPE
Article by Bethany Mullins
Paleo Blueberry Muffin Recipe
I'm no granola or cliff bar kinda gal. If I'm going to eat something carby it's going to be a muffin. A baked good that slowly collapses in your mouth like a cloud. Mmmmm. I found a gluten free, paleo muffin that doesn't suck! Plus, it has blueberries in it. AHHH!!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, honey, oil and vanilla. Blend well with whisk.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet, blending with a whisk.
- Fold in blueberrieswith a spatula.
- Pour batter evenly into a 12 cup muffin tin (greased with coconut oil or using paper liners).
- Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and serve!
- *This recipe is a variation of What I Gather (http://www.whatigather.com/2013/07/grain-free-lemon-blueberry-lavender.html).
I like to make mine in a mini-muffin pan. For one, because everything is adorable small, and for two you're allowed to eat more of them.